This is the continuation of how to make a website using WordPress for free.
In this part, I will show you how you can create an account to a web host or web hosting company. Since we are doing a website for free we are going to use a free web hosting.
What is a Web Host / Web Hosting?
A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or web page to be viewed in the Internet. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers. – Wikipedia.com
In simple terms a web host or web hosting is like a storage location for your website. By creating an account to a web host, you can send your files in other words website to their servers. Once your site is on their servers, you can now view the site that you have created on the internet.
You can also host your own site, what I mean create a web hosting server and put all your files there. But that is another topic.
Finding a Web Host / Web Hosting
There are many sites that offers web hosting services. Giant companies like;
• Blue Host
• Site Ground
• Go Daddy
Hosting companies also offers free domains if you buy a hosting from them.
UPDATE: If you’re still finding a web host and wanted to know more about web hosting, Reviews.com has a perfect guide for you. These guys occasionally evaluate top hosting companies to provide readers the “BEST” in comes to web hosting. Just click this link to learn more.
Is there a free Web Hosting?
Yes! In fact there are many out there that offers free web hosting. Just google it. “Free web hosting” something like that.
In this tutorial we will be using X10Hosting. Why? X10Hosting offers free hosting for many years now so you can never go wrong from them. They also offer premium hosting which you buy a hosting from them.
Creating an account in X10Hosting
1. Visit x10hosting.com
2. Click “CREATE MY ACCOUNT”
3. Enter a domain name.
In this part you can type anything that you want. But I suggest that you type the domain name that you created from Freenom.
4. Provide an email address.
5. Create a password for your account.
6. Click “I agree” and then click the “SUBMIT” button.
7. Log-in to your email account and verify your email address from X10Hosting.
8. Click the verification email that you received from X10Hosting. Enter your name and click “Continue”.
9. Do not close this window. Wait for the process to finish. It takes 30 sec to 1 min.
10. Now your account is ready. Click “Continue”
CONGRATULATIONS YOU NOW HAVE A WEB HOSTING. CHEERS!
• Just like free domains. A free web hosting has limitations too.
• Since X10 Hosting is free sometimes you cannot access your website because of system downtime.
• Once X10Hosting detected that you have a lot of traffic from your site, they might suspend your account.
• You can buy the cheapest web hosting for just $1 or P50 per month. This includes unli diskspace, unli bandwidth, 24/7 technical support and a lot more.
Part 3 of the tutorial, we will be changing the DNS of your domain to the DNS of your web host / web hosting.
CLICK HERE FOR PART 1 ON HOW TO CREATE A DOMAIN FOR FREE
You can also check the video below on how to create an account at X10Hosting.