In this part. I will show you how you can change your Domain DNS to your Web Hosting DNS.
I did mention that most of the web hosting providers out there are giving free domains in their packages. So if you bought the web hosting with free domain you can skip this part.
Why do I have to change my Domain DNS?
Most of the time people buy the domain and web hosting separately. You buy your domain in this company and then you buy your web hosting from other company since other company offers cheap domain or web hosting without domain. Anyway, changing your domain DNS is very critical when you bought it separately with your web hosting. By changing your domain DNS to your web hosting DNS, you are telling your domain that who ever access it, it will be redirected to your web hosting servers.
How to change your Domain DNS?
If you’re following this blog we used freenom for our free domain and x10 hosting for our free web hosting.
You can click the links below to check the previous parts of this tutorial
1. Visit freenom.com and log-in your account.
2. Click services tab and click “My Domains”.
3. Click “Manage Domain”.
4. Under Management Tool tab, click “Nameservers”.
5. Click “Use custom nameservers” and delete all the nameservers that is indicated.
6. Visit x10hosting.com and log-in your account.
7. Click “Open cPanel” button.
8. Click “Domains” tab.
9. Click “Add New Domain” button.
10. Copy the nameservers indicated in x10hosting and type your domain in the text box. What I mean by your domain is the domain that you created from freenom. The one with .tk? Ring a bell? Hehe.
11. Go back to freenom.com and paste the nameservers from x10hosting. After that click “Change nameservers” button.
12. Note that by changing your domain dns to your web hosting dns you need to wait for 24 hours for your new DNS to propagate. Some times it just takes an hour or so.
13. Once done you can now access your site by typing your domain in your web browser. You will see an error or something like INDEX. Don’t panic its normal.
Stay tuned for part 4 next week because we are now installing WordPress to your Web Hosting server 🙂
You can also watch the video below on how you can change your domain DNS to your web hosting DNS