I do love mountain climbing. I would say I’m addicted to it. It’s like my body is always looking for that feeling, that experience when I am outdoors. But sometimes I also feel that I don’t want to hike, like I just want to reach the summit without being tired or exerting much effort to see the beauty of nature. Looks like Treasure Mountain in Tanay, Rizal can offer that effortless hiking experience.
How to get to Treasure Mountain
- From cubao, ride a jeep with sign board “Cogeo Gate 2”.
- When you arrive at Cogeo Gate 2 you have to options to get to Treasure Mountain:
- If you are not in a hurry. You can ride a jeepney going to Sampaloc, Tanay. Fare is 35 to 45 pesos. These jeepneys has a scheduled travel time according to the drivers at Cogeo. It begins at 6am and will leave until the jeep is already full of passengers. Tell the driver to drop you off at Sitio Maysawa or that you are going to Treasure Mountain.
- If you want to experience sea of clouds and sun rise at Treasure Mountain, you should choose this option. When you arrive at Cogeo Gate 2 there are several tricycle drivers that will offer you a ride going to Treasure Mountain and other hiking destinations at Tanay. For us, a driver offered us 600 pesos one way going to Treasure mountain. But since we are only 3pax, he gave us a discount and got it for 500 pesos.
- Whether you choose to ride a jeep or tricycle, you will be drop at a waiting shed in Sitio Maysawa. This is the jump-off to Treasure Mountain. From here you have an option to ride a tricycle all the way to the top, 150 pesos (one way) or to walk for 30mins.
- Just pay the entrance fee for day hike (150 pesos) and enjoy the beauty of nature.
For other rates you can visit Treasure Mountain’s Facebook page. Click here
Any side trips?
There are plenty of side trips after hiking at Treasure Mountain. In our case, we chose to eat at a bulalohan along MARILAQUE hi-way
The place where we ate is called “Mang Vic’s Bulaluhan” . It is one of the many bulalohan along the hi-way. The place is always full of hungry customers. And if see a restaurant that full of people, you’ll know that the that they are serving good food. From riders, travelers, and even locals visit this place just to have a taste of their Bulalo.
How to get to Mang Vic’s Bulaluhan?
1. From Treasure Mountain, ride a jeep going to Cogeo.
2. Tell the driver to drop you off at Mang Vics Bulaluhan
For only 130 pesos you can have a Bulalo that is good for 3 persons. Their Bulalo doesn’t have any vegetables or corn, just the meat and bones so don’t expect too much. The broth is tasty, you can really taste the beef and I think for that price it is definitely worth it.
That’s about it. I would really recommend this place to beginner hikers, specially if you are looking for a place to hike that is near Manila. See you on my next adventure. Ciao!